3 Questions You Really Need To Answer
Who do you serve?
What do you do?
Why does it matter?
In this episode of the Creative Rising podcast with Erin Youngren, I talk about how to find the answers to these questions. And then I tell you what to do with them.
Me and Erin talked a lot about your UVP (Unique Value Proposition). We talk about why sometimes photographers have a hard time figuring out what makes them different. But because she’s a gem, she asked the right questions and I gave some tips to make that easier:
1. My favorite tactic to finding your UVP is to talking to your past clients. Using words straight from their mouths will be helpful in attracting more clients just like them. If you interview them, they’ll tell you exactly why they booked you and what sealed the deal for them. They’ll explain what they saw in you that they liked more than other people they were considering.
2. Write out your workflow. Literally write down, step by step, every single thing you do from the time a client inquires with you until you deliver their photos. That list should be LONG. Then look at what might be unique or might matter a lot to your clients. Look at the special touches or the themes that come up in how you operate. Is your process catered to speed and efficiency? Or for customer care and support? What is it about the way you work that keeps people coming back for more?
3. Look at the questions your clients are asking you throughout the booking process. What is important to them? What are their current struggles, frustrations, and hesitations? And how would working with you specifically alleviate those?
After digging into the UVP stuff, we got into some specifics like what belongs on your About page and how to write better captions and show up like your real self on social media.
This was such a fun episode to record and I’m obsessed with how Erin formats her show. She is doing something really unique and I think you will love it. Check it out and lemme know what ya think!
All The Details
To listen to this episode on your computer, go here.
You can also find it on the Apple Podcast App, on Stitcher, on Spotify, and Podchaser.
What else you’ll learn:
– What happens when I get the copy wrong for clients (hey, it happens!)
– The template photographers need to stop using
– How often you should make changes to your site
– How you can buy my copywriting guide and a lil discount for you!
Thank you Erin! I love, love the format of your show and feel so lucky to have been on it. Thank you for being such a great host!